The Down Syndrome Centre North East is running a 6 week summer programme of activities for children with Down syndrome this July & August. Summer activity assistants are required to assist with various classes and sessions across the week as children will loosely be grouped by age, and their relevant stages and goals. There will be group activities each day at our centre in Carrickmacross. The summer activities assistant will assist in the implementation of the summer group activity programme as directed by the Coordinator/Group Leader such as:
– Supervision of children and young people participating in summer programmes
– Ensuring a safe and child friendly environment that promotes positive experiences for participants.
– Ensure physical environment is safe, report if any hazards/risks identified.
– Accident/Incident Reports
– Set up and clean-up of all activities
– Assisting children where necessary at snack times
– Providing the right amount of assistance to enable the children to participate in activities.
– Providing personal care to children.
– Evaluation of Camp Experience
-Volunteers are asked to volunteer for the same day each week, for example every Wednesday for 6 weeks. A volunteer may choose to do more that one day if he/she wants to.
Time commitment is 3 weeks for Monday volunteers (11am- 2pm. (2groups, 15min break in between) July 10th, July 24th & August 15th
For volunteers on other days the time commitment is 1 day per week for 6 weeks.
Wednesdays 2pm-6.30pm (2groups, 15min break in between) 12th July to 23rd August.
Thursdays 11am- 3.30pm (2groups, 30min break in between) 6th July to 17th August.
Fridays 11am- 3.30pm (2groups, 30min break in between) 7th July to 18th August.