This new workshop is designed to deliver service excellence, ensuring that Ireland’s Ancient East, as a must see experience destination is communicated to visitors while they are here and worldwide when they return home.
Everyone has a role to play in delivering the optimum visitor experience – a warm welcome, a smile, a real knowledge of our local area and a genuine interest in our visitors. Deliver this and visitors might just stay a little longer in your area, spend more and recommend Ireland’s Ancient East globally.
Date: Thursday May 11th
Location: Nuremore Hotel, Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan
Time: 10am – 1.30pm (Registration, tea/coffee available from 9.30am)
- The Ireland’s Ancient East brand promise and plans for 2017
- What to do, what to see, where to stay/meet and eat – improving visitor centricity by building cross selling suggestions for visitors based on your personal knowledge
- Excellence in building rapport with visitors
- Asking visitors the right questions in order to promote your area and Ireland’s Ancient East effectively
- Techniques you can use to communicate to and support others within your business to cross sell the area and Ireland’s Ancient East
By the end of the workshop Ireland’s Ancient East Service Excellence Champions will:
- Know the Ireland’s Ancient East brand promise and Fáilte Ireland’s Plans for 2017
- Through key service excellence skills know who visitors to Ireland’s Ancient East are and prepare for and anticipate their needs within your business and in the wider destination area
- Demonstrate how to cross sell and motivate the visitor to stay longer
- Have increased product knowledge by being more familiar with the tourism attractions, activities and festivals in the area
WHO IS THE PROGRAMME TARGETED AT?
This programme is suited to tourism business owners, managers and staff; public service personnel; retail businesses, festival and event organisers; service businesses and community groups i.e. anyone who may come in contact with visitors to Ireland’s Ancient East. This programme is a build on to the 2016 Dwell Programme and business owners are invited to send customer contact staff to this workshop.