|Adult Education Guidance And Information Service = AEGIS|
Who is the service for?
Any adult currently participating in:
- Literacy Programmes
- Back to Education Initiative (BTEI)
- Community Education Programmes
Any adult who is thinking about returning to education.
Any adult (and their adult children) in receipt of funding from the Education Finance Board.
What does the service Offer?
- A drop-in query facility for adults.
- Up to date and comprehensive information on courses both locally and nationally.
- Information talks for groups in the local community.
- Information on funding and grants.
Advice and Guidance
- One-to-one meetings with a guidance counsellor in a location close to you.
- Use of career interest questionnaires to help find out what your interests are.
- Advice on steps to Further and Higher Education.
- Help to identify long term goals.
- Assistance in drawing up a CV, filling out application forms and doing an Interview.
- Referral to other services that may be of benefit to you.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost. We are a free and confidential service and we offer a friendly and supportive service to adults who are thinking of returning to learning.
Where are we located?
Our regional office is situated in County Monaghan VEC Headquarters on Market Street in Monaghan Town. We also have a guidance counsellor based in the Workhouse, Shercock Road, Carrickmacross. We provide an outreach service to other areas throughout County Monaghan.
For further Information contact:
Bernadette Connolly (Adult Guidance Counsellor)
Co. Monaghan VEC
Tel: 042 9690739